UNIVERSITY PLACEMENTS and INTERNSHIPS
Since the outset of establishing GGHQ in 2002 I have worked with new graduates and post-graduates who have studied a broad range of disciplines with applications to the wider fashion industry: journalism, textile design, fashion design, fashion business management, fashion promotion and imaging, modern languages, and more.
GGHQ offers a full-time placement year for undergraduates as part of a four-year degree course. (We also have internships for post-graduate students who want to gain further industry experience while sharing their specialist market knowledge, we can arrange days per week and dates to suit. Contact us for more information.)
If you are an undergraduate interested in spending your year in industry with us, we will begin the selection process in December 2017/January 2018 with the aim that you begin on a one-day-a-week, part-time basis in spring 2018 while you are studying. We’ve found that this is a great way for you to train and gain an insight into what we do with the support of your tutors before you begin full-time. For those based outside of London, a trial period can be arranged. The full-time placement starts July 2, 2018 and runs to the end of June 2019.
Are you a good match?
- You take rigorous approach to accuracy. Your written English is error-free and you know your way around an Excel spreadsheet.
- You are organised. You can manage your workload and keep the team up to date with the projects you're working on.
- You are interested in what goes into garments. And you understand the clothing supply chain starts with fibres and filaments. You are curious about how and where your clothes are made and you want to learn more.
- You have a confident, polite way with people of all ages. You may have gained experience of working with the public in retail or catering.
- You are as happy talking on the phone as you are using social media.
- You have a can-do attitude. You like to solve problems. You like to learn and share knowledge.
- You can speak and write French to GCSE level or equivalent, or if not you have a willingness and aptitude to learn.
- You are a confident traveller as you will be joining us on overseas work trips.
If this sounds like you, send your CV - including the boring jobs - and a covering letter, including a contact for your university's industrial liaison department. If you don't hear back from us, call!